Dr Patrick G. Ndungu
B. Sc. (Cum Laude, UTM), PhD (Drexel University) – Lecturer Contact:
Office: 03 - 034 on the 3rd Floor
Tel: +27(0) 31 260 3097
Fax: +27(0) 31 260 3091
E-mail: email@example.com Section:
Physical Chemistry, Nanomaterials, Green Chemistry, and Environmental Chemistry Areas of Specialty:
Education and Training:
- Investigation of the physical – chemical properties of unique nanostructured materials
- Integration of novel nano–composite materials in energy conversion devices
- Application of functional Nanomaterials to various problems in environmental Chemistry
- Synthesis and Applications of Carbon Nanotubes
- Research Associate, UWC (ENS Research Group), Cape Town, RSA (2008 – 2010)
- Post – Doc, UWC, Cape Town, RSA (2005 – 2008)
- PhD, Drexel University, Philadelphia, USA (2004)
- B. Sc. (Cum Laude) University of Tennessee, Martin, USA (1998)
- S. S. Botha, P. Ndungu, B. J. Bladergroen. Physico-chemical properties of oil-based nanofluids containing hybrid structures of silver nanoparticles supported on silica. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. 2011. DOI: 10.1021/ie101088x
- G. N. Muriithi, W. M. Gitari, L. F. Petrik and P. G. Ndungu. Carbonation of brine impacted fractionated coal fly ash: implications for CO2 sequestration Journal of Environmental Management. Volume 92, Issue 3, March 2011, Pages 655-664.
- N. Mongwaketsi, P. G. Ndungu, A. Nechaev, M. Maaza, Raymond Sparrow. Ionic self assembly of porphyrin nanostructures on the surface of charge altered track-etched membranes. Journal of Porphyrins and Phthalocyanines. Volume: 14, Issue: 5 (May 2010) Page: 446-451
- L. Petrik, P. Ndungu, E. I. Iwuoha. Electroless deposition of platinum onto carbon nanotube paper using sacrificial metal substrates: Analysis using Hall Measurements. Nanoscale research Letters. Volume 5, Number, p 38-47, 2010.
- Y. Suttisawat , P. Rangsunvigit, B. Kitiyanan, P. Ndungu, M.V. Lototsky, A. Nechaev, V. Linkov, S. Kulprathipanja. Investigation of Hydrogen Storage Capacity of MWNT Deposited by Pd or V. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Volume 34, Issue 16, August 2009, Pages 6669-6675
- P. Ndungu, A. Nechaev, L. Khotseng, N. Onyegebule, W. Davids, R. Mohammed, G. Vaivars, and V. Linkov. Carbon Nanomaterials Synthesized Using Liquid Petroleum Gas: Analysis towards Applications in Hydrogen Storage and Production. International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, (2008), 33(12) 3102 – 3106
- S. Babu, P. Ndungu, J.-C. Bradley, M. P. Rossi, Y. Gogotsi. Guiding water into carbon nanopipes with the aid of bipolar electrochemistry. Microfluidics and Nanofluidics (2005), 1(3), 284-288.